Doin' The Mess Around

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by jjl, Aug 6, 2016.

1. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I not sure if the clerk was more shocked at having those pants chopped up like that, or the order to have them ready within an hour.
    "I don't know if they will be ready that soon," said the salesman doubtfully.
    "Sure they will," Jeffery said menacingly

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

she had a rubber soul

3. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

From that day forward, Michael had a notion that she was being watched. Out of a need to understand the experience, she compared it to being a star in her own tv series. Michael tried to behave every moment as if she was being watched and judged,

She hoped that they didn't watch her go to the toilet, but was pretty sure they did.

The first time Michael was abused, she tried not to act surprised.

It didn't make for good television.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

She grew bored watching the test pattern and needed to pee. Her heart fell when she saw Grammy leaning over the bathroom sink, scrubbing her dentures with a toothbrush. Grammy had no modesty at all and was always undressing herself to illustrate some malady to someone, no matter where she was.

Today Grammy was naked from the waist up. Big red nipples dangled from her tiny shriveled breasts. The image was so disturbing to Micheal, she couldn't stand to look at a maraschino cherry after the first time she beheld them.

She would cry if someone added one to any dessert served to her.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

Are you ready to talk yet?
    Would it do any good?
    Do I want to hear what you have to say?
    Would you ever listen to me?

• Like Like x 1
  6. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

It was the summer of the secret sauce.
    I just turned 18 that June. My girlfriends and I all worked for the Krispy Kreme donut shop that year. Karen was just back from her freshman year and Sarah was starting at a trade academy in the fall. With almost a decade of college looming ahead of me, this would be the last summer we would know, free of adult fears and responsibility.

Our only job this summer would be to earn money, have fun and keep out of harm's way.

Karen's father was some kind of General, and away in Germany for the summer. I had always imagined Karen's mother was dead, I was too polite to ask. But by the end of summer, Karen would confide in us both, that her mother had abandoned both husband and child.

7. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

Karen's father had this Narc-housekeeper, that had been with them since Karen's first menses. None of us could stand her, so we solved the problem by moving into the gloomy guest house. The old biddy wouldn't go near the place since Karen had fooled her into thinking it haunted.
    It was though.
    But Karen just wanted a peaceful place, free of prying eyes, where a 14-year-old girl could have herself a smoke, uninterrupted.
    I wish you could have heard Karen tell the story of what she did to that old bitch.
    But none of us will ever hear that story again, at least, not the way she told it.

8. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

Are you ready to share your secret yet?
    Have you figured mine out?
    You couldn't possibly.
    I am only just discovering some of it myself.

9. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

"I got a job!" I try to sound upbeat when I say this into the payphone receiver. I turn my back to the hot street full of people and early summer evening traffic.

I whisper into the phone, "It's not a very nice place."

My boyfriend Neil groans and asks, "Not that place on 28th and 8th Ave?"

I nod, even though he can't see me. I am standing on the hot sidewalk in a one-piece bathing suit and high heels.

"Yes," I admit finally.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  10. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

"Call me when you get home tonight," he says disgustedly. Then he hangs up.

I shrug. After a week of no work and a day and a half with no food, I can't afford to pass on this position.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017