Things Do Seem To Be Coming To A Head, Don't They?

Discussion in 'Random & Surreal' started by edina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

(SSSS)

Another uncanny coincidence :D

Meaningful, ...
    or meaningless, otherwise known as nonsense. ​

You decide.

2. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

I saw this quote today, and I think there may be some truth to it. I like things that make me think, wonder, ponder, and so on... ideas that extend my mind outside the box.

“Your perception of me is a reflection of you; my reaction to you is an awareness of me.”
    Earlier in this thread I shared an article by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Last week, I also listened to talk between Nassim and Daniel Kahneman.

Nassim is gruff at times, blunt, he interrupts a lot; if you are the sort of person who cannot tolerate impoliteness and your perceptions of "rudeness" interfere with your ability to listen to someone, you may not want to watch the talk.

It was interesting to me on many levels. Daniel Kahneman doesn't necessarily agree with Nassim's ideas. But there is an appreciation of each other apparent in their relationship.

I can't remember if it's in this talk, or in something else I've read from Nassim, but he talks about the errors in thinking that has happened with people who are using mathematical models, game theory and so forth relating to humanity as a whole. His thinking often goes against the grain of how we are steered to think. It's challenging. But I feel worth the effort to try to understand his point of view, even if ultimately you decide to disagree with it.

(People often misunderstand this energy frequency, it's got a lot of baggage and programming around it. Wonder why?)

Several years ago, I wrote a forum post that I called the Electronic Cage. I've shared it here in this forum in the Wave thread, which for whatever reason was deleted, and two posts brought back later (???). I decided to just take the hint and not go forward with that thread any more.

I'm sharing The Electronic Cage here for any one who may be curious about the post and would want to read it.

I remember the epiphany I experienced when I read the child's description of the alien hybrid friend lifting his arms and trying to show him something that the child simply could not see.

I understood then that these beings interacting with the children were imprisoned, or enslaved, in some way, electronically. It was in this moment that I realized that if humanity can manage to gain it's freedom, it may also mean freedom for these beings. We're dealing with the same system of enslavement.

At a later time, I had the swan/guardian experience. This happened before I ever heard the term guardians, I remember scouring the internet, trying to find something to help me understand who the "guardians" were.

Then later, as I began to truly realize how people can push others psychically, with or without technology, and that there are technologies (and people) that can mimic our own inner voices, I had about a 3 day FREAK OUT... LOL.

During this time I thought to myself, I was really facing what humanity is up against, I thought, we don't have a prayer of a chance against this. (This was back in 2012.)

I was crying and crying, my husband was so concerned for me, he contacted someone he knew to ask for help, this person responded, "She doesn't know who she is."

Well, F*ck, that wasn't helpful at all.

I think I'm just obstinate. After my initial shock, I became even more resolute. I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but I knew I would keep moving forward, taking each day as it came.

There is a flow to this, it's hard to describe the feel of the flow.

And while my trust in just about everyone has been shattered, I trust the flow, so far, any time I move out of alignment with it, I regret it. When I listen and move with it, Life IS Good. :)

Sisu... it's in my bones.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

I don't know if there is anyone reading this forum that is from Uganda.

But I got the word last night, so I looked into it today.

http://www.njherald.com/article/20170616/AP/306169904#

My heart also goes out to this situation, too.

More on Uganda:
    Uganda's plan to send 1,000 medical workers to Libya criticised by activists

Congo at War: DRC’s Instability a ‘Threat to Africa,’ Says Kofi Annan

A woman’s world for South Sudanese refugees

We're talking about almost a million people, mostly women and children that are displaced. If there are readers here from Uganda or Africa, I can see why you would be irritated that the people in this forum are talking primarily in terms of the US and UK.

-------

It's hard to know how many readers there are here, or where you are from. Speak out, from where ever you are from. Your voice and point of view matters, too.

--------

As for the London fire, I'm beginning to wonder if it's greed. A way to destroy the building so it can be used to build housing for people who can pay more money.

Daily Politik posted a couple of videos on FB, that I can't find on YT, links below. I don't know if you'll be able to see it. It's a page, so maybe you can.

https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyPolitik/videos/1233586836763506/

Lily Allen raises good questions. And if you can see this, you can see the reporter trying to deflect her questions at the end. He seems uncomfortable with where she is going in the conversation.

https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyPolitik/videos/1236429856479204/

Tensions rising, and the call for justice meme is being shouted out with greater and greater intensity.

But here's an odd thing.

When I go within, into the stillness, and look at the collective consciousness. It is very calm, very still.
    So, on the surface we see this intense agitation. Or perhaps there is an attempt to generate agitation.

But under the surface, the collective consciousness of humanity and the planet is exceedingly calm. It's an odd juxtaposition, appearances versus reality.

-----

And one more thing, just watched this snippet of an interview with David Bowie from 1999.
    Do you think this is still accurate?

David Bowie says the Internet is an alien

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. Aelien Internet

Aelien Internet Gatecrasher

............................................................................................................................................................

Edina, are you for real or were you joking? Let us see what he actually said in the interview, shall we?

If you were serious by saying the following "David Bowie says the INTERNET IS AN ALIEN"
    Then all I have to say to you is -

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-s...=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1443783794ra/16410622.gif

And good for you for being so literal without thinking about the context of, well anything in this instance?
    Personally I am right in this moment, parachuting on the moon in 3 seconds and out. Believe me Gretel it is a true story.

yep!! Her we go. 3, 2, 1 -

a real Aelien

5. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

Hey Aelien,

"David Bowie says the INTERNET IS AN ALIEN" is the title of the youtube, I didn't make it. So you're beef is with the person who made it, not me.

I thought he raised some very interesting points about the Internet and this interview was back in 1999. He was quite prescient. I wondered what other people thought.

There is so much of an attempt to try to control and reign in the Internet these days, do you think what he said then, still applies now?

Also, toward the end of the interview he actually said, "The Internet is an alien." In the context that it has a life of it's own. Which is probably why the person who made, or posted this snippet, entitled it with that statement. It's kinda subversive. Which is probably why David Bowie said it.

It's an interesting analogy.

6. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

Ah, snarky Aelien, I can see the confusion now.

This is the youtube I actually posted last night:

David Bowie says the Internet is an alien
    The Daily Politik

It's the one I watched and the one I was asking commentary on. Not the little 57 second snippet that's somehow got linked after I posted. ???

Did you see the look on the interviewer's face as David was talking about the Internet. He's scoffing at what David was saying. Back then, in 1999, this guy thought David Bowie was way off. :)

PS: For pranksters, I double checked just now what I posted last night. And it was the The Daily Politic version of the video. The closed caption translation in the above 57 second version that is linked in post #24, is nonsensical. (smh) That is NOT what I originally posted.

Or perhaps I was wrong to assume that people would actually watch the video and comment on the content, and not take the title literally. There was a great deal more said than the 57 second snippet you chose to glom onto. (again, smh) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. Aelien Internet

Dear Edina:

Personally, I have watched the entire interview covered by BBC Newsnight in 1999, which was longer than the snippet you posted:

It was I, who posted the short version in my post as a response to you, to get to the gist of it as it was a blanket statement that made very little sense - if you read your post back that is.

One word for you next time you post:

“context”

Don’t get your knickers in a twist over such little bits next time. Dismissing me as simply a 'snarky Aelien' sets you back as a human being in spades.

I do not wish to dive into your spaghetti.

Aelien

8. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

LOL ... okay :D

I thought your initial snarky response was a bit defensive, so I can understand the "no need to dive in your spaghetti" sentiment, too. It simply never occurred to me that someone would be offended by the title, take it personal, or would even take that title literally, to be honest. (So lesson learned.)

Thanks for the longer interview.

Still visualizing what it must look like to parachute on the moon, lol :D

When you first watched this interview back in 1999, what did you think of it? I haven't had a TV for a very long time, so I've missed a lot over the years.

Do you think that what he said then still applies now?
    Do you think it is still accurate?

I found his description of how Rave's were subversive and why, interesting.

And how it is the interactivity of artist and audience that was a bit subversive. Subversive to that idea of a singular culture that he was talking about.

Overall, insightful. But I thought to myself as I watched it ... is this still true?
    Does the Internet still have this potential to be subversive?

There's a lot of social engineering, meme-gineering, happening now, so I wonder?

And if 'subversive' means 'fragmenting', is that what we truly want in our culture?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  9. Aelien Internet

This is not about about being offended by a mere title, as you put it, or otherwise. I have merely pointed out that you have placed things out of context basically, nothing more.

Tick tock round the clock - who is defensive?

Why is it so important to you to point out another’s faults and say they are, in your own words to quote you, "snarky, defensive, offended, taking it personally"; and all this in just a mere two sentences? Interesting.

I also stated that I have watched the interview “covered by BBC in 1999” and not that I personally watched it in 1999. In fact, I have just seen it for the first time just a few days ago after your initial post regarding it on this site in the first place.

Thanks for explaining some things further, however I am currently not sure I want to converse on this topic with you any further. The ‘alien internet’ David jokingly alludes to in the interview, appears to be comprised of ‘content’ you are helping grow with your input such as the post you created above.

To put it succinctly, the ‘alien internet’ is proving now, that as a media, it is clearly not working as a simple, unambiguous communication tool between you and myself, no matter how many “LOL’s” you place before or behind your insults towards me.

Aelien

10. edina

edina ~~~ 賁 ~~~

Had you just merely pointed that you felt I placed things out of context, this conversation would likely have not been as confusing as it has been.

You started out that way, with the question. "Edina, are you joking?" Had you stopped there, I would have been able to clarify your misunderstanding. "No, I'm not joking. What do you mean?"

But then you piled on the snarky gifs... The kind of gifs that most people use to insult the intelligence of whomever they are referring to.

You could have simply asked, "How do you mean this?" Instead you accused me of taking things literal. Which I didn't do. And gave me advice which I didn't ask for, based on your inaccurate assumption that I took something literal that I did not.

It's understandable to me, now, how you got the matter confused. But, it took a bit for me to sort it out. At first, I thought it was that you were insulted by the title, and that you think I take things too literal. Sarcasm among people who don't know each other can get confusing.

Aelien, was it your intention to insult me with your mocking gifs?

I've been genuinely interested in what you thought about the interview. I still am. If I were being dismissive of your humanity, or trying to insult you. I wouldn't have asked what you thought. I wouldn't care enough to ask.

Anyway, ... Thank you for sharing. :)

------- (Shifting topic) ------

General information:

Context: When I use a green smiley face it means, said playfully.

LOL's are also meant to indicate a light-hearted tone.

As are smiley faces. I don't know how other people use the emoticons.

But in my case, they are meant to keep things light-hearted. Or that I'm saying something with a kind tone.

-------- (Shifting topic) ------

Meanwhile, to no one in particular or to anyone who may find this interesting.

An old TEDTalk I watched a few years ago, popped back in front of me yesterday.

As I watched it I thought about David Bowie's video and thought to myself "YES!!! This is an interesting subversive." What do you think?

Sugata Mitra: Can kids teach themselves?

Also, mulling over how those little bots started creating their own language that a Gatecrasher mentioned in PIT the day before yesterday. Spontaneously!!!

Very much like how the children started learning in the video. And to be honest, how I spontaneously posted my evidently hugely confusing link asking people if they thought what David Bowie said regarding the Internet was still accurate, in an earlier post.

All of these instances have "emergent" qualities.

Much like the "bootstrapping" theories of physics that are resurfacing, lately.

Lots of synchronicities surrounding this, at least for me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017