those scenes

Discussion in 'Film' started by Wango, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Wango

Wango Q

you can't run now

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ivan

Ivan Gatecrasher

WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND YOURSELF LOCKED IN A HOUSE

1) Most importantly - try to stay calm. While it's quite a strange feeling to be omnipotent yet stuck in a small space, do try your hardest to relax and stay calm, your life may depend on it.

2) Check to see if there are any other exits - maybe a window? seriously, a window can be handy if you do not possess superpowers and cannot squeeze your whole body through the keyhole.

3) Call out to get the attention of anyone nearby. “Help me.. HELP MEEE!” Your plaintiff pleas maybe heard by a big strong man who will come and help you get out.

4) If no one is around, remove your knickers and make a colourful flag to place in the window - it just might attract the attention of a passer-by.

5) Try ramming the door with a tin bath or other battering object. You may find this easier if you are not alone in the house.

6) If you are still stuck, and there is someone intelligent there to help you, ask them to use your mobile phone for you and call the local fire brigade (usually 999 or 911 or whatever) - they will surely come to your rescue.

(Failing the above, simply wait for Dr Who, Spiderman, The Hulk or the Pink Panther to swing by)

Now that you're locked in a room
    There is room to assume
    You are there for a cause
    You're not sure what it was
    When you're locked in a room

Have you ever been locked in a house? Share your story with us.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. Ivan

Ivan Gatecrasher

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Wango

Wango Q

reality is a persistent illusion... innit?

thanks for the tip re the tin tub Ivan... Wango

5. Ivan

Ivan Gatecrasher

Pondering on poetic puzzles and I am reminded of Ted Rogers... I mean, some clues are just so obvious aren't they.

"Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now, you're on your own.", which the contestants rejected hoping it referred to Dusty Bin. Rogers' explanation of the clue was: "'Take one that never changes', well, that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well, that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own.'. Well, what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken. Turkey, maybe? Now, 'one that never changes.' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up to date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected a 3–2–1 holiday!".

But wait!

If a=1...

[​IMG]

I just won..

it's Dusty Bin

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  6. jjl

jjl political refugee

I need to start watching this old series again :)

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. jjl

jjl political refugee

8. jjl

jjl political refugee

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wango

Wango Q

"I called Ma..maa"
    "Well....?"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1