What's Your Secret? Tell Us Something We Don't Know About You...

Discussion in 'Your Anekdotes' started by jjl, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Ciganka

Ciganka Self Styled Comedian

Retail & Entertainment
    Home Page:
    My OCD extends to food. I like dry cereal and when it comes to things like 'fruit loops' I eat color groups together, but they don't taste any different :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I write and cut hair left handed (Lefty scissors are twice as expensive) but I do everything else right handed, including playing instruments.
    I had a room-mate who was getting her PhD in learning disabilities . She told me that left handed people suffer some brain damage in gestation on the right side of their brains and that the brain re-circuited itself in a way that resolved to left handedness.
    But then, she didn't really like me and she might have made it up...

3. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I was really glad when they brought the red M&Ms back. I insisted they that they tasted better. i feel the same about pink lemonade vs reg lemonade

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I have only cheated on one test and it was for a typing class. Go ahead and try to work THAT one out (rofl)

5. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I only went as far as 8th grade in school. But managed to sleaze some matriculated college credits in spite of this.

6. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

when I was a baby I had a terrible case of meningitis. My sister insisted through-out our childhood that I was brain damaged because of this (It had been the doctors prognosis) :p

7. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

A few decades ago, it came to my attention that a child, related to me by marriage, was in some danger living in Guatemala.
    The mother, a Canadian citizen, had made some bad choices and had followed a national back to the country and for many complicated reasons, could not see her way back to Canada with her 11-year-old Jerry and his newborn half-brother, Pedro.
    Even though Jerry was Canadian, he was viewed as an American in that village.
    This was one of many dark periods for Guatemala, and in retribution for the secret but prevalent U.S.aggression, many American children were being kidnapped and sometimes slain.
    A school-mate of Jerry's had been found nearby with her throat slit.

It was difficult to locate and contact the family in Guatemala, but after a series of phone calls to international churches, I was able to locate Jerry's stepfather, who was a part-time Janitor for an Evangelical church.
    In the end, I arranged to fly down, pick up Jerry, and bring him back to Canada. I then smuggled him across the border to
    the States, where he could be cared for by my Neice and her husband who was Jerry's older half-brother.
    All of this was before I had a personal computer, back in the dark ages.
    Jerry is an adult now, a Canadian pothead who I love to chat with on facebook frequently.
    Before I left the country, I pressed another open-ended ticket into his mother's hand in case the political temp got too hot and she needed to escape with her baby back to Canada. Later I found out that the whole family had been battered by her husband and the ticket, (courtesy of my sister's airline privileges) probably saved her life.
    She later told this to others but never to me.
    As a matter of fact, the mother, on returning, seemed mad at me and has never spoken to me again.
    There is a myriad of detail to this long and complicated story, perhaps I will write it down someday.
    PS. Canadian officials DID pull Jerry and me aside and questioned us for several hours and in the end, let us go. But why they did is too long a story.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  8. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I have been detained inside of a locked jail cell

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  9. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

In the 80's, I went to 3 trump parties in about a two month period.
    I have met the president elect 3 different times(puke)

(I also happen to share a great great great grandfather with the sitting president, which of course does not help me a whit)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jjl

jjl hhotah hhotah

I was chased off of a movie set by Steven Spielberg